Previously accepted abstracts will be honored and more information will be provided to participants in the coming weeks, including the opportunity to update any previously submitted data. The abstract submission deadline for the THSNA 2020 virtual meeting will be August 24, 2020.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- The Thrombosis and Hemostasis Summit of North America's abstract/poster session is a forum for presentation of clinical or basic research findings, and must include at least some original new data not previously presented at a national or international meeting.
- Abstracts are limited to 500 words. The 500 word limit excludes the abstract title, author(s), and institution(s).
- Abstract text should preferably be in a “structured abstract” form with sections marked Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- Abstracts accepted will be presented as digital posters (with short video presentation) or oral presentations.
- Abstract grading is blinded and abstracts will be selected on the basis of scientific merit.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the deadline in order to be considered.
- Notification of abstract acceptance will be available mid August.
- All accepted abstracts will be presented as pre-recorded presentations for either as digital poster or in oral sessions.
- Please ensure that your email address is accurate, as all correspondence will be sent via email.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register for the conference.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the American Journal of Hematology after the conference - exact issue to be determined.
- After the August 24, 2020 deadline, abstracts may not be revised or resubmitted.
- Proofread your abstract carefully to avoid errors before submission. If accepted, your abstract will be published as submitted. Your abstract may be updated in the poster.
- All abstracts must be submitted by August 24, 2020
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically at www.thsna.org.
- Only online submissions will be considered. Email submissions will not be considered.
Selection and Notification
- All abstracts will be selected by blind peer review.
- The THSNA Abstract Review Committee will evaluate abstracts on the basis of scientific content, applicability to conference and session themes, novelty, writing quality, and overall scientific merit.
- Notification of abstract acceptance will be available September 1.